Welcome to Careers at Baker Tilly. Are you ready to apply your knowledge and background to exciting new challenges?
This is your chance to take your career to the next level, here at Baker Tilly we are seeking to recruit talented individuals in all our departments.
Fixed Term Contract – 3 Years
Baker Tilly in Enniscorthy are in the market for an ambitious and highly motivated person to join their audit and accountancy practice in Enniscorthy. This individual will be undertaking accounting exams, preferably ACA, and must have at at least 1 years’ recent practice experience. The successful candidate will gain a wide range of experience whilst being fully supported to complete their exams successfully.
Candidates must have a proven track record of outstanding performance and display a high level of people and business skills. They will also be expected to have shown an on-going commitment to their professional development by continued exam success in their professional qualification to date.
- Preparation of Sole Trader and Company Financial Statements, under relevant accounting standard and in compliance with Companies Acts.
- Preparation of year end files and audit files with the appropriate supporting lead schedules and back up.
- Responsible for accounting entries from books and records and also from client trial balance stage, including charge raising journals and account reconciliations including bank, creditors, debtors.
- Preparation and filing of client returns to Revenue including; VAT, RCT, Income tax and Corporation tax.
- Assisting with technical VAT, Payroll and other queries
- Support and assist with related Company Secretary duties for CRO compliance.
- Monitoring and managing monthly CRO and Revenue VAT and PAYE returns, ensuring they are filed on time.
- Client Management, letters to client requesting information and liaising with Revenue and others.
How to Apply
Applications to Dearbhla Gallagher, People Development Manager email@example.com.
Baker Tilly are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated person to join our Corporate Advisory Department in Dublin. The successful candidate will be working predominately with their reporting manager as well as having a large amount of direct contact with the Department’s Partner.
The successful candidate will have significant client facing time with responsibility for the delivery of key projects on time for the Department’s clients. The ideal person will be either a recently or almost qualified professional accountant with experience in a similar environment.
The Corporate Advisory Department
Baker Tilly’s team provide recovery and insolvency services to help businesses confront and overcome issues they may be experiencing. We assess and advise on the extent of the problem, and determine what’s needed to recover.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for restructuring and insolvency assignments including examinerships, liquidations and receiverships.
- Overseeing specialist advisory projects, such as due diligence reports, debt restructurings, on an ad-hoc basis.
- Preparation of detailed reports on the financial position of companies and individuals.
- Carrying out financial analysis and investigations.
- Preparation of statutory reports including O.C.D.E., High Court, Committees of Inspection.
- Administration processes e.g. Statutory Returns to the Companies Registration Office, Notices, Meetings, Employee Claims, Value Added Tax and Corporation Tax returns.
- Day to day progression of assignments to include; planning, preparing and reviewing various forms of deliverables to include reports and presentations.
- Mentoring and developing more junior members of staff and providing constructive feedback on both a formal and informal basis.
- Working directly with leading professionals in legal, tax and other fields.
- Finalist or newly qualified with ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification.
- Strong commercial experience and / or relevant restructuring experience.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Strong IT skills to advanced level in Excel and Word.
- Project management skills and time management skills.
- Team player with the ability to build effective relationships
- Experience of working on and technical knowledge of examinerships, liquidations (CVL and MVL) and receivership assignments.
- Proficient in financial and commercial analysis and the ability to identify potential areas of sensitivity.
- Ability to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions.
- Ability to deal with disposal of assets.
Dearbhla Gallagher, People Development Manager