Our philosophy is to work with you, our client, to resolve any tax issues you may currently have and ensure your on-going taxation obligations are complied with. Furthermore, we do not believe in just solving issues as they arise. We believe in pro-actively reviewing your position on an on-going basis and offering imaginative and bespoke tax advice on structuring your affairs in the most effective way.
Our core services are as follows:
- Transaction Services
- Property Transactions
- VAT Advisory Services
- International Taxation
- Private Client
- Tax Compliance
Transactions of all sizes require the dedicated attention of experienced professionals. At Baker Tilly, we can assist you by providing advice that will allow you to navigate both the tax and commercial issues that will arise on such transactions.
Whether buying, selling or expanding your business, we can assist you in minimising your tax including:
- Deal structuring
- Due Diligence
- Advising the Purchaser/Seller
We can also review your existing structure to ensure that it is fit for purpose including:
- Family partitions
- Succession planning
- Amalgamation or division of trades
- Dispute between shareholders, either by consent or Court order
- Tidy up of corporate group
- Consolidation of an individual’s corporate holding
We have significant experience in advising clients on the tax implications relevant to property transactions and property development.
Particular care is required when deciding on the most suitable structure to be put in place for the holding of property which may include:
- Co-ownerships or partnerships
- Non-resident structures
Other matters to be considered in relation to such transactions include tax efficient financing, VAT treatment and potential exposure to RCT.
VAT is one area which can be particularly challenging when it comes to real estate transactions as VAT on property is a complex area of VAT law. Property transactions can have potentially costly VAT consequences for both purchasers and vendors. It is therefore of major importance that all VAT aspects of a transaction are considered from the outset and all related obligations met. It follows that professional advice should be sought before entering into any construction or property transaction.
With our experience we can provide you with practical advice on bespoke structures that will best suit your needs and requirements.
VAT Advisory Services
VAT can be one of the more complex areas of tax. Combining our VAT experience with our industry knowledge, our Baker Tilly VAT team can help businesses and other organisations to address any VAT challenges. Our VAT experts have significant expertise in advising on ways to minimise irrecoverable VAT costs and maximise cashflows in an easily understood manner.
Our VAT services include:
- Transactional consulting
- Property transactions
- VAT review/health check/pre-audit check
- VAT training
- Dispute resolution support
- VAT compliance and reporting
Our VAT services are led by our Indirect Tax Director Ruth Linehan and Partner and Head of Tax Alma O’Brien. Alma is a member of the Institute of Tax VAT committee and has also lectured on VAT matters for the Institute.
In addition to our worldwide Baker Tilly connections, our International Tax Team has the necessary skills and expertise to advise on international tax matters. Whether placing foreign direct investment into Ireland or expanding your Irish operations overseas, cross border activities bring with them both commercial opportunities and taxation complexity. We work frequently and closely with our international colleagues.
Our team are on hand to provide advice on all the following areas to help your international expansion:
- Setting up in Ireland
- R&D tax credits
- Knowledge development box
- IP planning
- International group structuring
- Global mobility solutions
- Transfer Pricing
- Indirect tax considerations
Building a seamless international solution for your business is what we do.
Whatever your personal taxation position may be, we can guide you through optimising reliefs, avoiding pitfalls and designing the best structure for your family’s future.
Some example of the areas we provide private client advice on are as follows:
- Succession planning
- Sale of business to third parties
- Domicile review and remittance planning
- Asset distribution within family to reduce high income tax costs
- EIIS investment
- Family partnerships
- Marriage dissolution
Our dedicated and organised compliance team, coupled with our robust procedures ensure a “no surprises” approach to keep you compliant well in advance of filing deadlines.
Our compliance services include the following:
- Personal Income Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Corporation Tax
- VAT Compliance
- Relevant Contracts Tax Returns
What Makes Us Different
- Pro-active – we will pro-actively liaise with you to provide on-going and constructive tax solutions.
- Responsive – we are conscious of the importance of timely advice and are used to working to tight deadlines.
- Experienced- our management team have significant experience in tax advisory services across the full spectrum of taxes – whatever your situation, we will be able to offer valuable and practical advice.
- Personal service – being a medium sized firm, our work is carried out and delivered by a dedicated team who are always quick to respond.
- Hands on approach – we adopt a ‘hands on’ approach when dealing with all issues.
- Value – we are acutely conscious of the need to demonstrate good value in the delivery of professional services and we always agree charges transparently and up front, before work is carried out.