Given the uncertainty around the overall long-term economic effect of the current COVID-19 situation the Irish Government and the Revenue Commissioners have provided some immediate short-term reliefs for business who face cashflow difficulties over the coming weeks.
Baker Tilly are here to help you through this difficult and testing time. We outline below some of the key measures introduced to date and some tips we offer to businesses.
Read here: Key support measures available to business
On the introduction of the COVID-19 Wages Subsidy Scheme on 26 March 2020, the Irish Revenue Commissioners issued two documents providing guidance and commentary in relation to the scheme.
- The first document addresses frequently asked questions in relation to the Operation of the Transitional phase of the Temporary COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme and is available here.
- The second document provides guidance regarding employer eligibility and supporting proofs required and is available here.
If you have any questions on the topics discussed, contact:
- Neil Hughes | Managing Partner – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alma O’Brien | Partner | Head of Tax – email@example.com
- Aidan Kearney | Partner | Audit and Advisory – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Doran | Partner | Audit and Advisory- email@example.com